Convert Jar To EXE, Executable File Tutorial describes about different tools, used for converting java jar file to windows executable file.
How to convert java program to java executable?
How to convert jar to exe?
Is it possible to create windows executable from java application?
If you are searching for the above questions, where you need to distribute java application as exe file, then following tools will help you.
Launch4j is a platform independent tool for wrapping Java applications distributed as jars in light-weight native windows executables. The executable can be configured to search for a exact JRE version or use a bundled one, and it's possible to set runtime settings, like the initial/max heap size. The wrapper also provides higher user experience through an application icon, a native pre-JRE splash screen, a custom process name
- Launch4j wraps jars in native windows executables and allows you to run them like a regular Windows program. Launch4j allows you to wrap applications on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Solaris!.
- Launch4j allows you to create launchers for jars and class files without wrapping.
- Launch4j Supports executable jars and dynamic class path resolution using environment variables and wild cards.
- Launch4j Doesn't extract the jar from the executable.
- Launch4j allows custom application icon with multiple resolutions and color depths.
- Launch4j allows native pre-JRE splash screen in BMP format shown until the Java application starts.
- Launch4j allows process name as the executable filename to easily identify your application
- Launch4j works with a bundled JRE or searches for newest Sun or IBM JRE / JDK in given version range.
- Launch4j opens Java download page if an appropriate Java version cannot be found or a support website in case of an error.
- Launch4j supports GUI and console apps.
- Launch4j supports Vista manifests and XP visual style manifests.
- Launch4j passes command line arguments, also supports constant arguments.
- Launch4j allows to set the initial/max heap size also dynamically in percent of free memory.
- JVM options: set system properties, tweak the garbage collection.
- Launch4j reads runtime JVM options from an .l4j.ini file.
- Launch4j allows access to environment variables, registry data and executable file path through system properties.
- Launch4j set environment variables.
- Launch4j allows different option to change current directory to the executable location.
- Launch4j allows the JRE's bin directory is appended to the Path environment variable.
- Launch4j allows custom version information shown by Windows Explorer.
- Launch4j allows GUI and command line interface.
- Launch4j allows build integration through an Ant task and a Maven Plugin.
- Launch4j is very Lightweight: 26 KB!
- Launch4j is free and may be used for commercial purposes.
- Launch4j allows includes a sample application and Ant script that automates the build process from Java sources to native executable.
- Launch4j works on all Windows platforms (98/Me/NT/2K/XP/Vista), Launch4j works on NT/2K/XP/Vista, Linux, Mac OS X (build on 10.4) and Sparc Solaris 8-10.
JSmooth is a Executable Wrapper for java centric applications. JSmooth allows you to create native Windows launchers (standard .exe) for your java centric applications. It makes you java deployment much smoother and user-friendly, because it can able to find any installed Java VM by itself.
3) Excelsior JET
Excelsior JET helps you on the following ways:
- Excelsior Makes your Java applications start and work faster.
- Excelsior will protect your code against Java decompilers.
- Excelsior will deploy your Java products without dependency on the JRE.